Monday, January 30, 2012

Hello!

So the past few months have been pretty awesome, I finally graduated from college (hallelujah). I received my Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with Teaching Certification, with a minor in Health Promotion. I cannot express how much of a blessing it is to finally have my college degree. Even more of a blessing is that I also got accepted into the Kinesiology graduate program at TWU (yes that is Texas Woman's University, but I like to call it Texas Winner's University)! I am now in my third week of graduate school and it's been fantastic.

I am still training in Crossfit, of course, but I've definitely slowed down a bit. Due to my full-time student teaching last semester, and beginning this whole new season of life now (I just got employed with the Lewisville Independent School District as a substitute teacher), I have been distracted from training intensely.

I have been competing in Crossfit for the past 3 years and have loved it, but I think I may take a break for a while. I may do a team competition here or there (those are a lot more fun!), but as far as serious competing, I would rather focus on the different things God is doing in my life right now. Or I might change my mind on this tomorrow and go right back into it, who knows! All I know is that I should only compete if I genuinely enjoy it and want to be there, not because I feel pressured by others to do it simply because I'm "good". Of course, I will still be competing in the Open this year, and am looking forward to seeing how I do!

See you at the gym

Briz

No comments:

Post a Comment